Millions of Americans currently suffer from back pain caused by sports injuries, work-related injuries, arthritis, and a range of other conditions. Pain in this complex area of the body can severely limit mobility and diminish a person’s quality of life. Fortunately, there are now advanced minimally invasive treatment options that can safely alleviate the symptoms of back problems with less discomfort and reduced recovery time.
In recent years, endoscopic laser spine surgery has been introduced as a minimally invasive way to remove damaged spine and disc tissue without damaging the surrounding soft tissue. Unlike traditional open surgical procedures, which need to be performed through long, open incisions, laser spine surgery is performed through incisions only centimeters in length with advanced imaging and surgical equipment. Although this surgical technique can be used to treat a wide variety of spine conditions, it is most commonly used to alleviate the pain associated with a herniated disc.
Laser spine surgery can give patients many benefits over traditional open surgery, including:
- No hospital stay: All laser spine surgeries are performed on a minimally invasive, outpatient basis with same-day discharge.
- No general anesthesia: During the entire one-hour procedure, patients are awake under IV sedation to provide feedback to their surgeons.
- Short procedures: Laser spine surgeries typically last approximately one hour.
- Nerve monitoring: Continuous nerve monitoring is performed to ensure safety throughout the procedure and minimize any damage to the surrounding nerves.
- Faster recovery times: This surgical technique will get you back to your daily activities faster.
- Other benefits: Minimally invasive spine surgery is performed at lower cost with reduced risk of surgical complications, lower risk of infection, and less discomfort.
If you suffer from the symptoms of a herniated disc, laser spine surgery may be an excellent option for you. Dr. Marc A. Cohen, of the Spine Institute of Marc A. Cohen, M.D., is a leader in laser spine surgery and can help relieve the pain you are experiencing as a result of vertebral disc injuries with personalized treatments tailored to your needs. At the Spine Institute of Marc A. Cohen, M.D., we offer the very best in minimally invasive laser spine surgery for patients in New Jersey and New York City. Our team works hard to provide the latest in technologically-advanced prevention plans and treatment methods. Visit us online or call us at (973) 538-4444 to learn more about our services or to make an appointment.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing medical advice. You should contact your doctor to obtain advice with respect to any particular medical issue or problem. Use and access to this website or any of the links contained within the site do not create a doctor-client relationship. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the medical office or any individual doctor or physician.